Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Five Things about Kaylee

1. Kaylee is DRAMA. And I mean drama! I knew girls were emotional but I had no idea what that meant until I had Kaylee. This year for Valentines Day her class did a "heart attack" paper which meant that the kids wrote on little hearts something unique about a person and then glued it to their paper. Marty and I about died laughing when one of her hearts came home saying "Kaylee is drama". That's when we knew we have a future actress on our hands. Our lives are never boring with Kaylee around.



2. Kaylee is a very loyal friend. Chenoa Raleigh and Kaylee have been friends since they were about 2 years old. It amazes me that Kaylee still asks to see Chenoa and everytime we are at their house the first thing I hear is " Can I have a sleep over" Chenoa house was the place of Kaylee's first sleep over when she was three and she still loves to stay the night. Jenny (Chenoa's mom) has always treated my kids like her own and made them feel very welcome. Chenoa and Kaylee went through a phase where they would fight, punch each other out, and then make up. I am glad they are past that stage and glad their friendship is still good. Her other long time friend is Kylee Kincaid. Kaylee and Kylee call themselves sisters and love to hang out together. They talk on the phone about three times a week and are very loyal to each other. A few weeks ago a boy was bugging Kaylee at school and she told him if her didn't knock it off her best friend, who knows kung-foo (which is false) would beat him up. There is no doubt in my mind that Kylee would have given it her best shot. The best thing about Kylee and Kaylee is they compliment each other. Kaylee often pouts when she doesn't get her way and Kylee is always there to make sure Kaylee is satisfied!

3. Kaylee is very much a girl. She loves dresses, makeup, nails, high heels, and anything else that is girly. She is growing up too fast. About two months ago she got into her bra phase and has worn one ever since. I know- she is only 7 but what do you do. My dad likes to tease her about shopping at Victoria Secrets but she only smiles. Thank goodness she doesn't know what he is talking about! I think! Most of the time Kaylee can be seen carrying her purse and asking someone to take he to Honks (sorry Kelly) dollar store. She loves to buy makeup and act grown up by paying for it herself. Her grandma Linda takes her most weekends after their trip to Sam's Club. I am always looking forward to seeing what her newest purchase is.



4. Kaylee is my biggest helper. She is so good to take care of Kenzie and often times gets her up when she gets up and lets me sleep. Most mornings I wake up hearing all three kids in the living room and Kaylee enjoying being mom to Kenzie. Kaylee loves to help me around the house. Her favorite things to do are clean the windows and vacuum the floors. She puts on some music and off we go cleaning until it is all done. She also helps with the laundry and sweeping and likes to accompany me to the grocery store. She loves to help in the yard and garden and can out weed her brother any day. We are very lucky to have Kaylee to help us get motivated. Sometimes she comes home from school and tells me "This house is a mess. We need to clean"

5. Kaylee is a daddy's girl. Up until recently I don't ever think she had been really disciplined by him. She can talk her dad into about anything and she knows it. They will leave for the store and a few hours later come home with many little treasures her dad has bought her. When she was born I knew that there would always be something special between her and her dad. Something about a little girl in her daddy's heart is neat. I am glad they have this relationship and hope it only grows closer as time goes by.


1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I love Kaylee and I hope that her and McKayla will continue to get closer! we will have to see how it goes because McKayla is also drama! But I am sure they will always work things out.