Wednesday, April 30, 2008

5 Things about Kenzie Rae

1. Kenzie is a screamer. Yep that's right. The scream that drives me crazy, somehow got given to my child. If Kenzie is not getting enough attention she screams. If she's not getting fed fast enough, she screams, and if she just is bored, she screams! I hope it tapers down because right now it gives me that fingernails on the chalkboard feeling. I am counting my blessings that for the most part she is an even tempered baby. But she did inherit the scream.

2. Kenzie hates dresses, bows, shoes, or anything that is not a onsie and jeans. I don't know if this is any indication that she is definitely a tomboy or what, but she cries, fights, screams and kicks, until her bow is down, her shoes are off, and she is comfy. I even bought her a cotton summer dress, which was fine, until she found she could lift it up and then she started fussing to get it off. Maybe Kaylee with rub off on her but for now she usually just gets her way.

3. Kenzie loves her brother and sister. When they walk in the room she lights up. She instantly starts laughing at them and smiles for at least an hour after we get them from school. She loves when they give her attention and when she gets played with. I hope the feeling stays as they get older and she gets not so new!


4. Kenzie loves food. She only has two teeth but that doesn't stop her from shoving everything in her mouth. Her favorite foods are fries, cookies and kelly's Mt. Dew. (Don't freak everyone- it's not a food group for her!) When I took he to the Doctor last week to make sure she was on the mend she weighed 20 lbs. 2 oz. I guess there is no question when she'll be able to sit in a bigger care seat. I love having a pudgy baby. When she smiles her face is all cheeks and it makes my heart melt.


5. Kenzie was truly sent from God. When I found out I was pregnant with her it came at a difficult time in my life. I truly believe now that I wouldn't be where I am today if she had not come to me. She has brought me back to reality and made me realize what is important again. I take time to dwell on the positive and not so much on the negative. When I look at her and think where I was in my life a little over a year ago it amazes me that someone so small could help someone so much. I love this little spirit that has been given to me and hope I can cherish the moments I have with her here on earth.


.

1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

That little girl is so cute! I love how she is so easy to get to smile. And I love playing with her!