Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Five things about Ashton



Ashton

1. Ashton is a fourth generation Oliver. His great grandpa was Oliver Anton, his grandpa is Oliver Grant, his dad is Oliver Martin, and he is Oliver Ashton. When I was pregnant with him Marty's mom said "You know if you have a boy you have to name him Oliver, it's tradition". (She was joking by the way) Then she explained it to me. Now most people would have done just the opposite to spite their mother in law but at that moment I knew that his name would be Oliver. The name was never attractive to me but after knowing grandpa I realized how special that name really is. I hope Ashton will always live up to his name and cherish it and know that he was named after someone who was loved and special to everyone he met.

2. Ashton is very relaxed. On days that he doesn't have to go anywhere you can find him in his robe. It has earned him the name Hugh. He doesn't get too up tight about things and at times can be TOO relaxed. We are constantly having to refocus him and remind him that the earth is still turning and that life doesn't stop because he wants it to.

3. Ashton is a comedian. He is always saying stuff and doing stuff to make someone laugh. I am a high strung person sometimes and he is the one who keeps me grounded by telling me a joke or doing something funny. He will just come up with an off the wall comment that sends me into hysterics. His latest funny is his song: It's me, It's me- in my cousins SUV. Refering to Rob and Tara's new vehicle. We are very lucky to have Ashton in our family to make us laugh.



4. Ashton's #1 priority is his dog. Gizmo is Ashton's chiuhuahua that he has had since he was 4 years old and is his best friend. Gizmo sleeps in Ashtons room and gets read to ever night. He also accompanies us on many camping trips and if I would let him- off to school he would go. I worry about what will happen when the dog is no longer around but I hope that by having a pet that he is soo close to it will teach Ashton responsibilty and love.

5. Ashton has a heart of gold. It always amazes me that he is so giving. When we went to Disneyland we stopped at Denny's one night to eat. Marty went to the hotel because he wasn't feeling too hot but Andy, Tiff, and girls were with us. Allisen wanted a drink cup that was so super cool but her dad and mom told her no because it wasn't worth the money. Ashton had his own money so he ordered one and although I wasn't pleased it was his money so what could I do. Well when the drink came he surprised us by giving the drink to Allisen. She was so happy. We asked him why he did that and he just replied that she wanted it. He is very much like that with his little sisters as well. I know that some day he will make a great husband and father.




2 comments:

Kevin and Heather said...

Ashton is such a great kid! I think he is so mature for his age. I'm so glad he's my nephew.

Tara Bergsjo said...

It is so crazy when I think how big that kid has gotten. I remember how much fun I had babysitting him! I love that little boy so much!!