Thursday, November 13, 2008

When Dad's in Charge

Saturdays are my day to work and that means that Marty is in charge of the kids. Now usually I come home to a house that is half clean and kids that may or may not be dressed and all sorts of other surprises but nothing has baffled me more than what happened last Saturday. Marty decided to get the garden cleaned up (good choice), the yard cleaned up (also a good choice) and make the kids help (could've been a good choice). So they got up and he left getting Kenzie dressed up to Kaylee. Now normally Kaylee does an excellent job at picking out clothes for the day but I guess someone forgot to inform her that when you are going to get muddy putting on a BRAND NEW outfit just doesn't go. So my cute little Kaylee got Kenzie dressed in what she thought was a very styling outfit with her HARLEY DAVIDSON LEATHER boots and off they headed outside. Outside- where Kenzie had a blast crawling through the mud, smooshing tomatoes on herself, eating the dirt, carrots and other leftovers and who knows what else. So I come home to a bathed baby (another good choice) and instructions that her clothes are out on the porch for me to clean. So I walk outside and realize that her brand new outfit is COVERED in mud and tomatoes! Now who lets their 14 month old play in the mud and tomatoes in brand new clothes! Someone who doesn't do the wash, buy clothes or realize what a bad choice he is making. So I come inside, get the stain stick, go back outside, and proceed to clean the "mess" that was made. All the while thinking- why am I raising 4 kids instead of 3! So I get the clothes doused with stain remover, throw the white shirt out (bad choice on buying white- that was my bad) and come into the house to throw the stuff in the laundry. I then decide I better eat because things are always worse when you are hungry and proceed to tell Marty how dumb I think he is for letting this all happen. Do you know his response- "Well I didn't get her dressed". I was so mad. He on the other hand thought it was hilarious. (so much he snapped the picture of my face for me to blog) So I decide to give Kaylee a lesson on proper dressing for her sister and I am explaining that when we do dirty things to please put Kenzie in old clothes and old shoes. Her response-" mom, Kenzie's a year old, she doesn't OWN old things". You have to love her honesty! So that is my story about what happens when dad's in charge. Now that its been 5 days I can laugh but boy was I hot about that one!









6 comments:

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

Thats too funny! Well I'M SURE it wasn't to you.
I love it when kids say such smart comments.

Kevin and Heather said...

You gotta love husbands. It sounds like he meant well.

Tara Bergsjo said...

That is to funny. Sorry about the new clothes! I have had some crazy times when I have left the kids home with their dad! And ther house is ALWAYS a mess when I get home!!

tbergsjo said...

All I can say is I am glad the time eases our tempers and helps us laugh ;).

Melinda said...

Ha Ha!!!

tbergsjo said...

I tagged you