Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yellowstone




After staying the night in Jackson we headed out to go through Yellowstone. We got to see some really good wonders and the kids were pretty amazed at the stuff they saw. We stayed Friday and Saturday night at Kevin and Heathers cabin in Island park and were able to travel back to see the sights during the days. We returned home at 4:20 on Sunday-in due time because I had to work at 4:30. Nothing like getting my vacations worth.My favorite part of Yellowstone is of course the upper and lower falls. I love waterfalls and have always loved seeing this part. My kids loved Old Faithful. Ashton took about 20 pictures with my camera. When I was viewing these I think I pretty much got a play by play! They were just amazed at all the water coming out and how that all worked. On the way home and out of the park they got a good lesson from grandpa Grant about how things work and what makes things happen and such. It always amazes me how Grant can get the kids to listen to stuff that I think sounds like a science lesson and they soak everything up like sponges. He really makes things interesting for them and I am glad that he gives the lessons and not I because who knows what stuff they would be taught. It was a busy vacation and of course you can't ever see all of Yellowstone but it was neat to be able to let the kids see how beautiful Yellowstone was. They really enjoyed it. We could have done without all the driving but how else are you supposed to go through a national park!


3 comments:

Suz said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We have taken Hayden up to Yellowstone twice & Addison once. Hayden loves it, I think we will try to go when Karwin gets home. Did you enjoy staying in Jackson Hole? Your kids are getting so big I don't even recognize them!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Looks like fun. Grant really is a great story teller!

Kevin and Heather said...

I'm so glad you guy's came to the cabin. It was a lot of fun even though we didn't see much of you. I think Grant has such a good way of talking to the kids. I know Tarrin has really enjoyed taking mandy for walks and talking to Grant about space.