Thursday, August 21, 2008

1st Day of School


Yesterday was my kids' first day of school. They have talked me into letting them ride their bikes this year. Yes I know they are old enough I guess I just have a hard time letting go. So this is my sob story. On Wednesday my sister in law called to see if I could watch their baby and I told her yes just to bring her at 8:30 so I could take her with me to take the kids. The kids heard this and jumped on me saying we are riding our bikes and your not going with us. I asked them if they wanted me to take them to school for the first day and they asked me why and I said because its the first day and they informed me that they have gone to Wilson for two years and knew what they were doing. So against MY needs I let them ride their bikes and off they went. How sad is that! So I want to say- what am I chopped liver! I really am feeling like motherhood is a rip off right now. I mean I gave birth to them, changed them, fed them, potty trained them, woke up at night with them, helped them learn to ride the darn bike just to get them for 8 short years and off they go! What is up with that. I really hope that there is more to it than this and sometime they will still need me. I don't even care if it is for a ride or money- just to be needed would be nice. I now know why my mom had a breakdown before my wedding- Kids aren't supposed to grow up so fast!!!

2 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am afraid my kids will be 15 before I let them ride there bike past the neighbors house!:) It really is so hard to watch our kids change and grow way to fast. I am sure there will be lots of times we are still needed though. But maybe when were not we will have to cry on each others shoulders!!

Kevin and Heather said...

It's hard when they don't need us as much anymore.