Tuesday, August 5, 2008

kaylee's baptism



On Saturday, my beautiful daughter decided to get baptized. I am so proud of her decision. She was baptized by her dad and she chose her grandma Linda to give a talk on the holy ghost. She had lots of family there and her best friend Kylee came up from Ogden to support her. It was really neat to see her baptised. After her baptism, we came back home and enjoyed a great dinner. Kaylee looked so beautiful in her dress and I hope that she knows how much her dad and I love her. Her dad gave her one of the best blessings I have heard and called her personality energetic. I have never referred to Kaylee's moods as "energetic" but her dad gave her a blessing that her personality will serve her well and will become a strength for her. I was so glad to hear that and it gave me a new way of looking at my most spirited child. I know she will go far in life and I know that she is a special person. I am very happy to have her in my life and very thankful for the gospel and the many blessings it brings to my family and I.

5 comments:

Kevin and Heather said...

I am so proud of Kaylee. It was such a neat experience and I'm glad I was able to go.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post Kim. She is so beautiful and will treasure those pictures forever when she is older. She is lucky to have such special parents!

Suz said...

I am so sorry I had car problems. It looks like you guys had a nice time and I am proud of Kaylee! Your kids are growing up into beautiful young people. I hope she remembers her special day.

Tara Bergsjo said...

It was a beautiful and special day! Thanks for letting us share it with you!!

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

Thats so neat. I can't believe she is that old and that Mckayla will beable to be baptised next year.
Tell her I said congats!