Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on Us!

I guess I haven't realized how long it has been since I last posted. We have been super busy- which is good- but I am looking for some down time now. I will just run through some things that have happened with us.

I am now back to school since having Kenzie. I got my associates degree in December from Weber and have to retake my psychology class for a better grade and then hopefully get into a nursing program in the spring. Who knew it would take me this long to finish school. Shoulda tried before I had kids I guess. Everyone says it will be worth it so I guess I will keep plugging along.

Poor Ashton lost his best friend a week ago. He let Gizmo out to go to the bathroom and the dog ran into the road and got hit by a car. Ashton has had Gizmo since he was five years old and the dog has slept with him since then. He has always stayed in Ashton's room due to the fact he peed on the floor everywhere else. This has been really hard on Ashton but he is starting to come around again. Last night Mandy- Michelle's dog- which lives next door, died of old age. So as you can imagine we were shedding tears again throughout the night. It is so hard to loose pets but I have to keep reminding my kids that we have memories and that is better than anything.

We have done back to school night, birthday parties (My baby turned 1), dinner dates and much more. Like I said it have been busy time for us all. Tonight we have skate night at the school so that should be fun. I am working at the food booth so wish me luck. I hope this updates people a little on what has been going on with us.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Sorry we didn't make the party. I never realized how hard it is to go places with your kids and no one to help you. We planned on coming and my kids were terrible that day, I just couldn't stand the thought of going to Logan. I am so sorry, I never get to see you guys anymore. Hope she had a fun party, she sure is a cutie! Love Ya!

Suz said...

Sorry about Gizmo, that is really hard on a child. I remember losing two of my dogs still to this day like it happened yesterday.

Tara Bergsjo said...

It makes me so sad to see Ashton so upset. But I am glad he is doing better. I know you are hoping things will calm down a little now that school is in, but I wouldn't hold your breath!!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry about Gizmo and the neighbors dogs. This truly breaks my heart. Give Ashton a big hug for me. Knowing we will all be together again someday is the only thing that gets me through things like this!