Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun in Provo

As most of you know Kaylee and I traveled with my best friend Kelly, her daughter Kylee, and her niece Kambree down to Provo to see Kylee dance at the stadium of fire. It was really one of the funnest trips I have ever taken. We arrived on Wednesday to see that our hotel room wasn't much bigger than Kelly or my bedrooms. Fun we thought. Especially since we took an extra girl, maria, down with us that night. We did survive though.
. We unpacked and the girls took of for the pool. Kylee and Maria had dance practice so we dropped them off and headed to enjoy a wonderful dinner at Red Lobster. We stopped at Walmart and bought the girls matching Hannah pj's- although Kambree and Kaylee wore theirs for like two days or something! They were all so cute. The next day we took Maria and Kylee to dance and then came back and swam for about 3 hours. I got a little burnt but I definitely needed it. The rest of the day is a blur because I was so worried about my baby at home that I only slept from about 4 to 6 that morning! She was fine by the way. I know we ate and watched t.v. and Ky had two more practices but I couldn't tell you many details. I do remember that her dress rehearsal was at 8 and we were able to go so we got to see the blue man group without their makeup and they did do some interesting moves on stage. Kelly and I had a blast feeling like we were at a rock concert and we were 15 again. It must have stuck with us because when we were done and driving to our hotel, people were camped out for the parade and it was crazy on main street. Usually Kelly has a tad bit of road rage when we are in traffic, but tonight we cranked up the Miley Cyrus, and let the girls yell and wave and have a blast. It was one of the highlights of our trip. When we got to the hotel, even though it was 11 or so, Kelly was all set to walk the booths. The morning of the fourth, Ky had yet ANOTHER practice so Kelly dropped her off and then there was a parade that ran right on our street. Kaylee and Kambree had fun watching it from the balcony and we were glad we weren't in the hot sun. Kelly looked out and saw that big Buddha from fox 13 was sitting in his truck, so we had the girls run down and get a pic with him. They thought that was pretty cool. After we picked up Ky we went and walked around the mall. The girls saw mountain fun (arcade) and we headed in. Kelly and I even tried our luck at dance revolution. We weren't that great though but we had fun doing it. We then headed to our other hotel where we were excited to see that it was normal sized and we weren't going to be so cramped. We got ready and headed to the stadium. It was crazy with people. We saw the girls dance and Sgt. Jill Stevens (Miss Utah) sang for us. Then we saw the blue man group perform again and then Miss Miley performed. It was a fun night. By the time we got to our hotel it was about 1 in the morning. I am so glad we decided to stay the night because I wouldn't have gotten home until Sat anyway. Saturday, we woke up at 9 which is normal for me but quite late for my early riser friend. I think that threw her off for the day! Of course the girls wanted to swim so off they went to the pool. I don't think they wanted our little vacation to end. We finally ended up on the road about 12:30 and as much fun as I was having I was missin' my baby so bad. I finally got home around 5 and was so excited to see her. Amazing that I lived without her for so long and now she is everything to me!! She was so excited to see me but was really attached to her dad. He walked out of the room and she started screaming- and I was holding her! I was glad to see that Marty had cleaned a bit, changed her clothes, and even gave her a bath! He always did this with the other two kids but now that I am home I don't think he gets the hands on that he did. It was a fabulous vacation and I am so glad I had the chance to spend the fourth with my daughter and my best friend. My advise- everyone needs a little girls retreat once in awhile!!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You deserve it! Way cute pics!

Suz said...

Hey I did not dog him on purpose. I forgot my phone but Mike had his & Marty had his # so I figured he didn't want to go. I am sorry, looks like you had a lot of fun.

tbergsjo said...

Oh this makes me look forward to Christy and I's get away. But we won't have any kids. I would almost feel 15 again but something about Christy being 30 something weeks pregnant with twins makes me think we won't get quite as crazy ;).

Kevin and Heather said...

Looks like you had fun!

Tara Bergsjo said...

I love the picture withbig budda!Looks like fun!