Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finally done!!!

So I was trying to post this from my Ipad but for some reason it would only let me put the title and I couldn't change it. So... now here's what I wanted to post. I am finally done with my first degree of school. I got my LPN in June and really can't believe that I am really finally done. It has taken me quite a while due to all my breaks with raising kids and Marty's job out of town and then with the last little surprise Kenzie but I am glad to say that I made it.

I had such wonderful girls that I went to school with and although I don't miss school one bit I can say I miss these five girls like crazy. We all had hopes that we would all get jobs together but that didn't happen so I have to settle for a one night a month date!



These are my girls from school. couldn't have made it without them!



I am working for a home care pediatric company that I love. I am surprised that I actually got a job doing pediatrics because it has always been my dream to work with long term disabled kids. This job has taught me to really appreciate my kids and how healthy they are. I know the teenagers are hard but I am grateful that they have the opportunity to be teenagers. Some of these little kids won't even live to be ten and if they do it will be trapped in a body that just doesn't work right. Why would I ever want to work around that you ask? I'll tell you. Some of the kids I have taken care of now and in the past have the sweetest spirits you will ever meet. You can actually feel them surrounded by angels and they all seem to have a very calm feeling within them. Despite all of their trials, they are happy. They smile, they laugh, and they take whatever comes to them and deal with it. Working with them makes me a better person. I don't take small things for granted, I cherish my kids more, and I am learning what is really important in life.

What's next? I am back to school in January. I have class to take before I get accepted for an RN program and I have to apply for that in February. Probably won't get accepted then but applying will put me in a great spot for October so that is my plan. As I well know, that can and will change. Nothing goes as planned but finishing school has taught me no matter what if you just keep at it, you can accomplish anything!