Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dying Eggs!!! UGH!

Kenzie, Ryan, and Lyndsey in a rare moment that Kenzie is not beating them up.
Kenzie checking out the kids egg work.

Ashton concentrating.

Kenzie was so excited to turn a white egg green.

Kenzie was under the impression we were going egg hunting with her halloween basket! Silly girl!

On Thursday my sister in law Tara was so nice to invite us over to dye Easter eggs. Now normally people do this every year but I will let everyone in on a little secret. I don't do the egg dying in our family! I did it once when Ashton was almost 4 and Kaylee was almost 2 and I was so irritated about the mess and the dye on the kids clothes and cleaning up that Marty has been very nice and taken over that job with the kids. It seems to work out better and the kids have a lot more fun without a mom who is so stressed that she can't enjoy herself. Well this year was better. Probably partly because my kids are now almost 11 and 9 and the baby really wasn't that into it. It turned out alot better and I wasn't nearly as stressed as in the past. Thanks Tara for the invite.

1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

Thanks for coming!! I had a great time!