Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday!

October is a crazy month for birthdays so I just want to wish a Happy Birthday to a few very special people.

On the 10th was our good friend Suzanne (no we didn't forget you). Marty and her have been best friends for a couple of centuries or something like that and we have always enjoyed hanging out with her and her husband and most recently her kids. Suzanne has always been there for Marty and I am so glad that he has always had someone as kind as her for a friend. We don't get to see them too much anymore due to us living up here in Logan and them in Clinton but we still think of them often. My best memories of hanging out with Suzanne was when Marty and I went over to her house in Deweyville EVERY Sunday. Never failed and they never got sick of us. Poor Karwin would have to choose between studying and hanging with us watching TV and I think we always won. Thanks for all you have done for my family and I. We miss you and hope you had a great birthday.

Next on the 15th it was my wonderful husbands birthday. I know most of you reading this are probably thinking you haven't heard wonderful and husband very much in the same sentence from me but I guess I am realizing that In Time- Love grows. I have always loved him but recently I have come to realize how much this guy really means to me. When we were dating I was drawn to Marty's sarcasm which is ironic that it is the one thing that bothers me the most but is also the one thing that has kept us going for 11 years (in Nov). I love Marty with all of my heart and appreciate all the little and big things he does for me. Happy Birthday and we love you.

On the 16th was my best friend Kelly's B-day. Where to start I don't even know. Kelly is the kind of friend that everyone wants but no one ever thinks they will find. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her but I will always be grateful for what she has brought into my life. She is the kind of person that never thinks about herself but is always thinking of everyone else. My favorite quality about Kelly is her ability to make a friend everywhere we go. One time we went to Fat Cats arcade and the games kept taking our money and we couldn't find anyone working so Kelly was upset and said she was going to find someone to talk to. Well ten minutes later I see her over talking to the manager who had ended up telling her about his week that had included his kids in the hospital or something like that. When she came back to me she was even more upset about his bad luck than about ours! I absolutely love that about her! Happy Birthday Kelly.

And today- the 20th is my cute little grandma's Birthday. She is such a fun and spunky lady and I am so glad that she is our matriarch. She is always up for something fun and exciting and she is like 75 or something (we don't ask anymore) My grandma hates to drive in traffic but you invite her to a demolition derby and she is all for it. She claps and hollers with the best of them. We are glad that she has moved back and although we don't see her too much she is never far from our thoughts. Happy Birthday. G-ma

3 comments:

Suz said...

Oh you are so sweet! I never see you guys or hear from you anymore. It really made me sad the other day reading your blog & hearing about your good friends! That doesn't sound good does it? I just miss you and Marty, it's funny cause we used to talk everyday & then life happens! Thanks for the sweet birthday wish, tell Marty I miss him & to call once in awhile or email!! Love YA!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Wow, that is a lot of birthday's. You are so good to remember them all. I would most likely forget some!

Jen K. said...

I am so happy that you found my blog! We really do need to hang out... girls nights, lunch, or game night with our hubby's! Have fun in Ogden!