Monday, September 21, 2009

Bathroom gummy worms

About two weeks ago I noticed that Kenzie was constantly wanting her diaper to be changed. I decided it was time to potty train. So off I go to the store and I bought her some cute little Dora underwear and decided because she loved gummy worms I would get those for her to help with the process. So I came home and showed her the stuff and off we went to sit on the potty and change into her Dora pants. She sat on her potty for about three minutes, got up, pulled up the underwear and said worm please. I explained to her that she didn't get a worm unless she peed in the potty. She wasn't "getting it" so I had Kaylee sit on the toilet, pee and she got a worm. She still didn't "get it" so I sat down, peed, and got a worm. After a little while and a big fit she finally " got it." So off she goes to play- in her underwear. Well she lasted about 5 minutes and peed through them on the back porch. We decided to try later.

Later...

Kenzie and Kaylee are in the bathtub. Kaylee gets out and goes to the bathroom and Kenzie gets all excited and claps and says "kay kay worm!" So I think wow she gets it. So after Kaylee gets her worm I ask Kenzie if she wants to try and go potty and she tells me no. So I tell her she can get a worm and she tells me "I no like mom" and that is the end of that! So now I have a big bag of gummy worms that sit in the window sill for all of our friends and family to ask " why do you have gummy worms in the bathroom?" Ugh kids!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Ha Ha! That is too funny! I am not a fan of potty training. We have dabbled in it a little with Landen but we too have given up. Oh the joys!

tbergsjo said...

too funny! I think I have lucked out in that arena. I am sure since Brooke has been our different child she will surprise us. I will be coming over soon to earn my worm though :).

Tiffany said...

Ya I'm trying to potty train Brylee right now to and it's not going well either! Good Luck!

Tara Bergsjo said...

Oh the days of potty trainning. That little girl is so funny!! Gotta love her!!

Kevin and Heather said...

That's so funny! It was fun having you come down the other day. We need to get together more often.