Sunday, July 26, 2009

4th of July

I absolutely love the 4Th of July. I am in such awe of fireworks and have always looked forward to the 4Th. This year Marty wanted to take the kids up to the stadium. I wasn't so sure about that because I thought that Kenzie would be too much work but I gave in and let him choose due to the fact that last year I was out of town and he didn't do anything. We went to dinner with Tara and Rob and Kevin and Heather and their families. I think restaurants get a little scared when we all walk in with our kids. (There were 10 with us and when Andy and Tiff join us there are 13!) But I do have to brag a little and say that I think all of our kids behave pretty good. They pretty much sit and talk amongst themselves and it is actually not very crazy at all. Then we headed up to the stadium. Some of Heathers family were able to join us and we had a great time. My kids were really glad to have all of their cousins with them. My nephew trey was so funny because he would copy the military guy that was leading his group in a drill. Everyone was quite so of course you could hear Trey. Then during the fireworks he thought one was so cool that he yelled "Wow! did you see that one Kim!" He is so funny and I can't help but laugh when he is around. It was great to be able to spend the night with family and Kenzie loved the fireworks. She was really good and just played with Maisey. I am so grateful for the many freedoms we have in this country. I am grateful for all the men and women that give up their lives and families to keep us free. They are special people and I hope that we can all remember the sacrifices they give up for us. It was a great holiday.

1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

It was great to hear from you here in blog world! It was a great 4th of July! I am glad we came with you guys!