Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ashton is all grown up!


We were at dinner last week with Tiffany and her girls and Ashton says so seriously "Mom do you know what they are teaching us at school?" I just laughed and asked him what they were teaching him and his reply was "They want to teach us stuff we are NOT supposed to know about" I then remembered that we had received a paper stating that they were going to do their maturation section in school on Friday. He is so funny. I then asked him when he would like to learn about stuff like that and he told me when he was married!


I also attended a meeting today for his 6Th grade sign up. Yep he will start middle school here next year. I don't know where the time went but boy he is big. All month long he has been asking about ipod's and cell phones and really I just want him to be the little boy whose biggest problem was to tell people he WAS retarded when we were all telling him he WASN'T. I am secretly trying to figure out a way to sit outside the school and spy on him like I did when he was in kindergarten. Yeah I was also that parent that asked him repeatedly about liking preschool waiting for him to say no so he never had to go back! That day never came and here we are going into 6Th grade. I hope he always remembers the things we taught him and how to behave. And most importantly I hope he remembers that the only girls that will always be around are his sisters!!!!!! Good luck Ashy boy!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Ahhhh! I can't believe it! He is a good kid and has great parents so I have a feeling that he will do great with the hole puberty thing! Good luck!!!!

Tara Bergsjo said...

I forgot about that class you take in 5th grade!!! I can not get over that he is going to start 6th grade! I remember how much fun I had with him when he was a baby! I love him so much and I hope he enjoys Junior High!!!!

Walking With Tippytoes! said...

I hated that class too. He is getting so big. Time goes by to fast.

tbergsjo said...

I am sure he hates Lyndsey calling him Ashy Boy about as much as he will hate that class :). I can't get over how big he is!

Kevin and Heather said...

I am so not looking forward to that maturation thing. I have already told Kevin that's his job to talk to the boys about that stuff.