Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm almost done!

I can't believe that I only have 2 and a half months left until I will be graduated with my LPN. It has been a long, hard road but definetly worth it. I have been doing my clinicals in the hospitals twice a week and that has really helped me narrow down where I want to work. I have always loved and been interested in surgical but after working on the med/surg floor I am not sure that is my favorite. Now the wound clinic has been my absolute favorite. I know I am a blood and guts girl but can I just say how amazing I think our bodies are and how they are able to heal themselves. I saw some pretty nasty things and even learned that we treat wounds with maggot and leaches- yes real ones!! Awesome. I have also loved working in the mother/baby area and am even more aware that I am done with kids when I hold a baby and can only think I am glad it is going home with someone else! They are so sweet but definetly not my thing anymore! This opportunity has opened my mind up to so many things and now I am just hoping that I can limit what I want to do to a resonable number. This whole process has been more stressful, hard, and more rewarding that I could have ever imagined. Most nurses say if you can stick it out through your 1st semester of LPN year then you are in the runnings to succeed. I now know exactly what they mean. I am so grateful to my family and friends who have supported me. My kids literally didn't see me for the 1st three months and I didn't think it bothered me until I realized that they didn't call me for things anymore the had actually learned their dads number! That was probably my AHA moment when I realized that not only had school changed me but also my kids. I hope they don't feel abandoned and hope that one day they are proud of me. Thanks everyone!!!

No comments: